Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Dad's 85th Birthday

March 12th my Dad turned 85 years old.  Paul & I, along with my brother Bill & wife Muriel, took him to eat at Anthony's on the Bremerton waterfront.  We had a lovely view and a nice evening.  Afterwards Dad opened his gifts.  Here he is holding 85 one dollar bills.  He said it reminded him of the Geico commercial.
Here he is holding his fudge brownie birthday cake.  I should have had him turn it around so you could see the 8 first and then the five single candles standing for "85" years old.  He continues to try to keep his spirits up even though the house is pretty lonely since Mom died in September.  Overall he is in pretty good health.  His parents lived to age 87 so he says he probably has two more years.  We will take him for as long as we can, we just pray for a good quality life for him, free of any bad ailments.  Thanks Dad for being such a great Dad.

2 comments:

Darlene Swapp said...

He sounded like he had fun and got a kick out of his presents. I didn't know you had a blog and I'm glad you have one! You look like a great grandma and I know you are.

Ryan said...

85 and still going strong! grandpa will have to live longer then 87 if he wants to spend all those $1 bills!