Sunday, February 5, 2012

Our First Cruise

Paul surprised me at Christmas by giving me a gift that said we were going on a cruise in January. We flew to San Francisco where our flight was delayed 9 hours so we were lucky enough to have my brother-in-law pick us up and take us out to lunch.
It was a beautiful sunny day in the 70's and sitting outside eating my lunch was like heaven.
Marshall was great about entertaining us while my sister was busy at a conference.

We ate at a place that served delicious crepes.
Thanks for rescuing us from the airport Marshall!

Debbie finished up with her conference and was able to join us for a nice walk in downtown Burlingame.

They took us to their home and Ambyr and the kids were nice enough to drop by and visit. Gracie was worn out from playing hard all day.

Ben and Alyson were home and it was great to get caught up on what was happening in their lives.

Tyler stopped by after work and joined the fun. Luke took off before I could get his picture with the family! Thank you Nielsen's for your wonderful hospitality. It was a wonderful day, full of great memories.

We flew from San Francisco to Miami where we boarded our cruise ship. They had a formal night where we got to get all dressed up.

We loved the cruise with it's food, the entertainment, our nice room with a deck, lots of activities, and very nice people.

Jamaica was windy so we had to pull into a different port. It worked out great for us because we were going to the resort you see in the above picture. So it was only 5 minutes away instead of 30 minutes away.

Here is a picture of the building where we ate our buffet lunch.


Paul gave me some pointers on how to pose with my hand on my hip.

I was getting the hand on the hip thing down okay by this point. Here is the beach were I swam in the Caribbean Sea for the first time in my life.

We had fun trying out the water slides at the resort.

My timing wasn't very good at catching Paul coming down the slide!

The resort we spent the day at. It was really nice.

The next day found us at Grand Cayman Island. Their beaches were beautiful. They were clean and the water was so blue.

We walked for hours along the beach, jumping in the water when we got too hot. It was so salty that I could float easily without moving a muscle. It's the only place I have ever been able to tread water in and stay afloat. We got our exercise by walking all the way back to the dock to get back on the boat.

Here is the wonderful group of people we enjoyed dining with every night. We had a great time on our cruise. I was sorry to have it end. Hopefully there will be more cruises in our future!

4 comments:

Darlene Swapp said...

How fun, you look beautiful aunt Suzy too bad we weren't in San Francisco to see you guys!!

Melissa said...

That looks so fun! I'm glad you got to see Debbie's family after your flight got cancelled.

Your formal night pictures look great. And I think your timing of dad's big splash is just perfect..

Claudette Burt said...

You look beautiful, peaceful and happy in all the photos - making you a good advertisement for a cruise!

Unknown said...

You look good mom! I like your timing of dads slide picture! Looking at pictures of the pretty water and sand makes me want to go back on a cruise! Glad you guys had fun. Cant wait to see you in a couple weeks!