Sunday, September 6, 2009

In Memory of My Mom... Louise Fuqua Wright

It was one year ago today that my Mom died. No one can ever fill the empty space left in my heart.

A picture of baby Louise with her Mother.


A grown up Louise with her Mom.

Louise at nursing school in Colorado Springs.

As a bride on her wedding day.

I love her smile in this picture. Her Mom is next to her.

We moved to Washington from California and this is a picture of me and my brother with her after church one Sunday. My other 4 siblings were gone from home by then.

I was going to school at BYU and Mom came up for General Conference, so we got some time together.

Our wedding day with our wonderful parents.

Mom with baby Melissa July 1983. She was always there to help her daughters with their newborn babies.

Mom with Nicole February 1988.

Mom loved working at the temple for over 20 years. This is a picture of her at her desk when Dad was in the Temple Presidency.

Mom definitely had a sense of humor.

I think my kids loved their grandma a lot.

We would celebrate Mother's Day together.

When my sister's family was up we went to the Nutcracker in Seattle. She appreciated the arts.

Mom coming out of the Seattle temple in time to tell us Melissa and Scott were coming and to get ready with those cameras.

Melissa with her Grandparents.

I will miss you Mom. I am so glad you are not suffering anymore. I can't wait to see your smile again. I love you.

10 comments:

Debbie S. said...

What a sweet tribute to your wonderful mother. You have her gentle smile. I'm sure you miss her a lot. She was quite a woman. I especially love the lampshade picture. So glad you posted that one. She will be remembered always.

J-R said...

Wow a year. Those pictures are beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Jessica Marie said...

Beautiful pictures. Love her beautiful picture as a bride!

Melissa said...

I miss Grandma. Thanks for sharing all the pictures, mom. I don't think i'd seen the one of her next to her mom with the smile you liked. I liked it too - reminds me of Denice's smile

scott said...

What a wonderful tribute in these pictures Susan, thank you so much for sharing them. I really love the last picture in the series, the gesture of you two holding hands and the expression on each of your faces is very touching.

Salina said...

Such great photos of a wonderful lady. And just so Ryan doesn't feel left out, she was there when he was born too!
Aren't we glad we have the knowledge that we will see our loved ones again! Brings such peace to our hearts. Doesn't fill the void, but adds a level of peace.

Tyler said...

Very moving tribute. I miss Grandma too and I agree that I am very happy she isn't suffering anymore. Thanks for all the great pictures of her.

Nicole, Ryan & Jett Wilder said...

Mom, I loved looking at all the pictures of Grandma. I miss her a lot and it brought tears to my eyes to look at this post. It is such a nice tribute to her and to remember that she is not suffering anymore and we will get to see her one day. I'm so thankful that we lived close to our grandparents so we could see them often. There are many precious memories I have of grandma that I will always hang on to.

Meg said...

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful woman. I wish I could have been closer more often, so I could have known her better, but I love seeing the pictures and getting a glimpse at the woman who gave me my father and such a loving family. Thanks for the reminder.

Ambyr said...

Beautiful Susie. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and photos. Your Mom was an angel and I'm grateful I got to know her before she passed on to the next life. You were lucky to have her as a mother and she was lucky to have you for a daughter. :) love you.