Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Visit from Denice

My sister Denice came up from Phoenix to visit my Dad for a week. On Monday we had them up to our house for dinner. Then we took these pictures outside. We finished off the evening with a lively game of Mexican Train, which was dominated by Denice winning the most rounds.

Dad & Denice.

The whole group of us.

I had to get my Daddy-Daughter picture too.


Sisters, sisters...

On Tuesday we spent the day in Silverdale. We had lunch at Famous Bob's Bar B Q. Everyone liked their food. And of course we had to get our picture taken with the bear.

Then we went to the park on Tracyton Blvd. that has this lovely garden.

Denice did a better job taking a picture of us than I did of them. Sorry about that Denice.


Tuesday we went to Port Gamble for High Tea at their lovely Tea House. Dad was happy with the scones, chocolate fruit fondue, hot chocolate and their chocolate truffle. Denice and I had some lovely herbal teas and enjoyed their sandwiches too. We boxed up the delicious left overs to continue to enjoy for awhile.

This is a picture of the home that I use to visiting teach at in the early 1990's. They have perserved a lot of the beautiful buildings from this milling town founded in the 1850's. The lumber was shipped to San Francisco from here.

Thanks for coming up Denice, we enjoyed your company. Come back anytime!

4 comments:

Nicole, Ryan & Jett Wilder said...

Looks like you did a lot of fun things with Grandpa and Denice. You and Denice are pretty sisters! I'm glad you had nice weather while she was up. Most of those shots look like it was sunny out.

Salina said...

How fun to have your sister visit! Is that the Lester's house? I haven't seen it in years! Glad they are restoring it. It's really a beautiful home!

Melissa said...

Mom - I really like your daddy daughter pictures. You look really pretty - even though I doubt you'll believe me. It's true!

I'm glad Denice could come visit. I hope she enjoyed the tea room - I loved their truffles.

Paul and Susan said...

Yes Salina, that is the house the Lester's use to live in. What a good memory you have. And thanks for the compliments Nicole and Melissa.